- The Mason Jar Hydroponic Plant Container
Ball Mason Jar 64oz Amber Ball amber jars block 99% of ultraviolet light. Glass is inert and does not conduct temperature. Super useful for recirculating deep water culture hydroponics. These are the 64oz versions.
Top hat washer Growing plants in mason jars is much simpler if you connect them to a reservoir. You’ll need these in order to accomplish that.
Glass Drill Bit Drilling a hole through glass can be hard. Or it can be easy if you have the right tool for the job.
- Net pot – Tapered These fit mason jars. Others we tried were not the perfect fit. Mason jar locks them snuggly in place.
- Rockwool Cubes Start your seeds in these. Perfect medium makes it almost impossible to drown your plant in DWC.
- Hydroton is by far the most popular growing medium used in hydroponics. Although it can be adapted to any method of hydroponic gardening, it works especially well with Deep Water Culture systems, providing a barrier between the root system and the outside world.
- Nutrient Distribution
Reservoir Pick this up at a big box store such as Walmart, Target, Lowes or Home Depot. Cheaper since online only seems to sell multiples. Look for something dark and taller than your growing containers to handle the recirculating nutes.
Nutrient Pump Use this pump as an in-line pump. T the input into the main nutrient distribution line with the output connected to the recirculating line connected to the reservoir.
Mainline to the secondary line connector You could pick these up at a home improvement store by here you get 100 for less than $16
- Irrigation tubing
- 5/8 Vinyl Tubing Main Line Standard irrigation tubing available at home improvement store
- Secondary line If I were me I would get this softer line rather than the stuff they sell at home improvement stores. It is much more pliable and makes plugging plants in and out a breeze. Good for when you do a little line maintenance with a pipe cleaner
- Nutrient Return line – ID 5/8″
- General Hydroponics Maxibloom Honestly this is all you need.
- Maxigrow if you must.
WenFeng Grow Tent 48”x48”x80”, Hydroponic Garden Tent with Heavy Duty Anti-Burst Zipper, 600D Mylar Waterproof Floor Tray for Indoor Plant Growing
High Quality Designing - 48"x 48"x 80"hydroponics indoor growing tent with heavy-duty zippers and double stitching for light protection ensure durability and long-lasting use
Light Proof - High density 600D Oxford fabric is a tear-resistant and double stitched for perfect light blocking, No observation window, no light leakage by the circular openings with double drawstrings
Sturdy Metal Frame - durable metal framework, the thickness of the steel pipe is 0.8 mm and the diameter is 16 mm. The steel pipe with metal push-lock corners, supports and reinforces the thick grow tent standing solidly, ensuring security and stability. High quality Metal Corner Connectors, not easy to damage, more stable and strong than the plastic ones